Powered by Ad Hitz


Sunday, March 29, 2009

Breast Cancer Info

On August 15, 2008, (my 50th birthday), I created this lens on squidoo.com. I had been following up on information about breast cancer after participating in "The Race for The Cure" on September 10, 2006 at Central Park in NYC. My sister was diagnosed with stage 2 Breast Cancer in 2007, so I became more passionate with finding information on breast cancer especially for my newly created Web site, AnDzi Gallery. Some of this information spilled over to the "Breast Cancer Info" lens that I created on my birthday. Because I had researched and posted so much information on the two Web sites--this information may have saved my life. I had discovered a lump in my left breast around July 2008. I had a mammogram right before my birthday. I was properly diagnosed that I had staged 1 breast cancer on October 13, 2008 at Sloan Kettering Hospital.

Find out more visit:
http://www.squidoo.com/andzigalleryBreastCancer
http://andzigalleryonline.info/directory.html

Thanks goodness, the tumor hadn't spread! I had a Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy on October 30, 2008 as an outpatient. Read more on my breast cancer journey and what you need to know!

Learn more: http://www.squidoo.com/BreastCancer101_WhatYouNeedToKnow

I started the "What You Need to Know" lens on the date of my second round of chemo treatment! There is a wealth of information on this lens that I share. I know from experience that getting diagnose with breast cancer is very scary. One day you have a basically normal life, the next day you find a lump, have no idea how this happened, nor do you know what the outcome will be. The best advice I can offer is to get treatment ASAP. Find a reputable hospital that specialize in treating breast cancer or find a hospital that has a cancer treatment center. You would not believe the horror stories I've encountered from people who were not properly diagnosed, properly treated or diagnosed too late at the later stages!

No comments:

Post a Comment